- 2 mediumcarrots
- 8 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- ½ (15 oz) cangarbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 1 clovegarlic
- ½ small bunchgreen onions (scallions)
- ½ small bunchItalian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 1 bunchkale
- ⅓ cuppumpkin seeds
- ½ cupquinoa
- 8sun-dried tomatoes, oil-packed
-  black pepper
-  Dijon mustard
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  pure maple syrup
-  red wine vinegar
- 1In a small saucepan, combine quinoa and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
½ cup quinoa 8 fl oz (1 cup) chicken or vegetable broth
- 2Meanwhile, drain and rinse the chickpeas in a colander; set aside to drain further.
½ (15 oz) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 3Wash and dry the fresh produce.
½ lemon 1 bunch kale 2 medium carrots ½ small bunch green onions (scallions) ½ small bunch Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 4Grate the zest from the lemon and transfer to a salad bowl; juice the lemon into the same bowl.
- 5Peel and mince garlic; transfer to the bowl.
1 clove garlic
- 6Add vinegar, oil, Dijon, maple syrup, salt, and pepper to the bowl and whisk to combine.
2 tbsp red wine vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 tsp Dijon mustard ½ tsp pure maple syrup ¼ tsp salt 1 pinch black pepper
- 7Fold the kale leaves in half lengthwise and slice off the stems. Finely chop leaves and transfer to the bowl with the dressing.
- 8Grate the carrots and add to the bowl with the kale.
- 9Trim off and discard the ends of the green onions; cut the onions crosswise into ¼-inch pieces at an angle and transfer to the bowl.
- 10Shave parsley leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves. Add to the bowl.
- 11Uncover the quinoa and fluff with a fork.
- 12Thinly slice the sun-dried tomatoes and add to the bowl.
8 sun-dried tomatoes, oil-packed
- 13Add the cooked quinoa and the chickpeas to the bowl; toss until well combined.
- 14To serve, divide salad between bowls and top with pumpkin seeds. Enjoy!
⅓ cup pumpkin seeds