- 4 mediumcarrots
- 16 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- 1 (15 oz) cangarbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 1 small bunchgreen onions (scallions)
- 1 small bunchItalian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 2 buncheskale
- ⅔ cuppumpkin seeds
- 1 cupquinoa
- 16sun-dried tomatoes, oil-packed
-  black pepper
-  Dijon mustard
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  pure maple syrup
-  red wine vinegar
- 1In a small saucepan, combine quinoa and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
1 cup quinoa 16 fl oz (2 cups) chicken or vegetable broth
- 2Meanwhile, drain and rinse the chickpeas in a colander; set aside to drain further.
1 (15 oz) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 3Wash and dry the fresh produce.
1 lemon 2 bunches kale 4 medium carrots 1 small bunch green onions (scallions) 1 small bunch Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 4Grate the zest from the lemon and transfer to a salad bowl; juice the lemon into the same bowl.
- 5Peel and mince garlic; transfer to the bowl.
2 cloves garlic
- 6Add vinegar, oil, Dijon, maple syrup, salt, and pepper to the bowl and whisk to combine.
¼ cup red wine vinegar ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil 2 tsp Dijon mustard 1 tsp pure maple syrup ½ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 7Fold the kale leaves in half lengthwise and slice off the stems. Finely chop leaves and transfer to the bowl with the dressing.
- 8Grate the carrots and add to the bowl with the kale.
- 9Trim off and discard the ends of the green onions; cut the onions crosswise into ¼-inch pieces at an angle and transfer to the bowl.
- 10Shave parsley leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves. Add to the bowl.
- 11Uncover the quinoa and fluff with a fork.
- 12Thinly slice the sun-dried tomatoes and add to the bowl.
16 sun-dried tomatoes, oil-packed
- 13Add the cooked quinoa and the chickpeas to the bowl; toss until well combined.
- 14To serve, divide salad between bowls and top with pumpkin seeds. Enjoy!
⅔ cup pumpkin seeds