- 8 fl ozalmond milk, unsweetened
- ⅛ cupalmonds, sliced
- 2 (15 oz) canscannellini (white kidney) beans
- 1 tbspcapers
- 8 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- 1 small pkgfresh basil
- 1 clovegarlic
- ½ mediumred onion
-  black pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  garlic powder
-  parsley flakes
- 1Drain and rinse the beans in a colander.
2 (15 oz) cans cannellini (white kidney) beans
- 2Peel and roughly chop the onion; peel and mince the garlic.
½ medium red onion 1 clove garlic
- 3In a blender, combine beans, onion, garlic, broth, almond milk, and spices. Blend on high until smooth.
8 fl oz (1 cup) chicken or vegetable broth 8 fl oz (1 cup) almond milk, unsweetened ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper ¼ tsp thyme ¼ tsp basil ¼ tsp oregano ¼ tsp parsley flakes
- 4Pour soup into a medium saucepan, cover and place over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until warmed through and fragrant, about 15 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, wash and pick basil leaves off the stems; roll up crosswise, and mince. Place in a small bowl.
1 small pkg fresh basil
- 6Finely chop the almonds and capers; add both to the bowl with the basil.
⅛ cup almonds, sliced 1 tbsp capers
- 7Add oil and spices to the bowl with the basil and capers. Stir to combine the pesto.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil ¼ tsp garlic powder ¼ tsp oregano 1 pinch black pepper
- 8To serve, divide soup between bowls; drizzle with olive oil and top with pesto. Enjoy!