- 16 fl ozalmond milk, unsweetened
- ¼ cupalmonds, sliced
- 4 (15 oz) canscannellini (white kidney) beans
- 2 tbspcapers
- 16 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- 2 small pkgsfresh basil
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 1 mediumred onion
-  black pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  garlic powder
-  parsley flakes
- 1This recipe will make about 8 cups. Work in batches to best fit your blender.
- 2Drain and rinse the beans in a colander.
4 (15 oz) cans cannellini (white kidney) beans
- 3Peel and roughly chop the onion; peel and mince the garlic.
1 medium red onion 2 cloves garlic
- 4In a blender, combine beans, onion, garlic, broth, almond milk, and spices. Blend on high until smooth.
16 fl oz (2 cups) chicken or vegetable broth 16 fl oz (2 cups) almond milk, unsweetened 1 tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper ½ tsp thyme ½ tsp basil ½ tsp oregano ½ tsp parsley flakes
- 5Pour soup into a large pot, cover and place over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until warmed through and fragrant, about 15 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, wash and pick basil leaves off the stems; roll up crosswise, and mince. Place in a small bowl.
2 small pkgs fresh basil
- 7Finely chop the almonds and capers; add both to the bowl with the basil.
¼ cup almonds, sliced 2 tbsp capers
- 8Add oil and spices to the bowl with the basil and capers. Stir to combine the pesto.
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil ½ tsp garlic powder ½ tsp oregano ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 9To serve, divide soup between bowls; drizzle with olive oil and top with pesto. Enjoy!