- 1 small bunchasparagus
- 1 (15 oz) canblack beans
- ½ small pkgfresh basil
- ½ (8 oz) pkgfresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 clovegarlic
- 1red bell pepper
- 1yellow bell pepper
-  black pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2Drain and rinse the beans in a colander; set aside to drain further.
1 (15 oz) can black beans
- 3Wash and dry the fresh produce.
1 red bell pepper 1 yellow bell pepper 1 small bunch asparagus ½ avocado 1 lime ½ small pkg fresh basil
- 4Cut peppers into large pieces and toss in a medium bowl with oil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Spread in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast in the oven, until beginning to soften, about 10 minutes. Save bowl for use in the next step.
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil ½ tsp oregano ¼ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 5Snap or cut off the woody ends of the asparagus. Place in the medium bowl with additional oil and oregano; toss to coat and set aside.
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil ¼ tsp oregano
- 6Halve and pit the avocado. Slice into chunks while still in the skin, then scoop out into a blender. Juice lime into the blender.
- 7Peel and mince garlic; add to the blender along with oil, salt, and pepper; puree until smooth, 30-60 seconds. Add water to thin out the dressing if necessary.
1 clove garlic 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil ¼ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper 1 tbsp water
- 8Remove peppers from the oven and toss. Lay the asparagus on top of the peppers and return to the oven; roast until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- 9Peel and thinly slice the shallot into rings.
- 10Cut mozzarella into bite sized pieces.
½ (8 oz) pkg fresh mozzarella cheese
- 11Pick basil leaves off the stems, roll up crosswise, and thinly slice into ribbons.
- 12To serve, divide roasted peppers and asparagus between plates and top with beans, shallots, cheese, and basil; drizzle with dressing and enjoy!