- 2 small bunchesasparagus
- 2 (15 oz) cansblack beans
- 1 small pkgfresh basil
- 1 (8 oz) pkgfresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 2red bell peppers
- 2yellow bell peppers
-  black pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2Drain and rinse the beans in a colander; set aside to drain further.
2 (15 oz) cans black beans
- 3Wash and dry the fresh produce.
2 red bell peppers 2 yellow bell peppers 2 small bunches asparagus 1 avocado 2 limes 1 small pkg fresh basil
- 4Cut peppers into large pieces and toss in a large bowl with oil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Spread in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast in the oven, until beginning to soften, about 10 minutes. Save bowl for use in the next step.
4 tsp extra virgin olive oil 1 tsp oregano ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 5Snap or cut off the woody ends of the asparagus. Place in the large bowl with additional oil and oregano; toss to coat and set aside.
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil ½ tsp oregano
- 6Halve and pit the avocado. Slice into chunks while still in the skin, then scoop out into a blender. Juice lime into the blender.
- 7Peel and mince garlic; add to the blender along with oil, salt, and pepper; puree until smooth, 30-60 seconds. Add water to thin out the dressing if necessary.
2 cloves garlic 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper 2 tbsp water
- 8Remove peppers from the oven and toss. Lay the asparagus on top of the peppers and return to the oven; roast until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- 9Peel and thinly slice the shallots into rings.
- 10Cut mozzarella into bite sized pieces.
1 (8 oz) pkg fresh mozzarella cheese
- 11Pick basil leaves off the stems, roll up crosswise, and thinly slice into ribbons.
- 12To serve, divide roasted peppers and asparagus between plates and top with beans, shallots, cheese, and basil; drizzle with dressing and enjoy!