- ½ tbspcapers
- ½ cupcashews, roasted unsalted
- 1 clovegarlic
- ½ small bunchItalian (flat-leaf) parsley
- ½ bunchkale
- 1 (15 oz) cankidney beans
- ⅛ cupnutritional yeast flakes
- ½ headromaine lettuce
- 1whole grain bun or roll
-  black pepper
-  Dijon mustard
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  garlic powder
-  soy sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Wash and dry the fresh produce.
1 lemon ½ small bunch Italian (flat-leaf) parsley ½ bunch kale ½ head romaine lettuce
- 3Grate zest from the lemon into a salad bowl. Add oil and spices, then whisk to combine.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil ¼ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- 4Shave parsley leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves. Transfer to the bowl.
- 5Cut or tear the bun into bite-sized pieces and place in the bowl; toss to coat. Transfer croutons to a baking sheet pan. Reserve bowl for later use.
1 whole grain bun or roll
- 6Place croutons in the oven and cook, tossing halfway through, until golden and crisp, 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- 7Meanwhile, juice lemon into a blender.
- 8Peel garlic; add to blender along with cashews, water, nutritional yeast, capers, soy sauce, Dijon, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth; adding water, 1 tbsp at a time, if needed, to make a thick dressing; transfer to the salad bowl.
1 clove garlic ½ cup cashews, roasted unsalted ¼ cup water ⅛ cup nutritional yeast flakes ½ tbsp capers 1 tsp soy sauce ½ tsp Dijon mustard ¼ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 9Drain and rinse the beans in a colander; set aside to drain further.
1 (15 oz) can kidney beans
- 10Fold kale leaves in half lengthwise and slice off the stems. Chop or tear leaves into bite-sized pieces and transfer to the bowl with the dressing. Using your hands, massage kale with the dressing until slightly softened.
- 11Chop or tear romaine leaves into bite-sized pieces and transfer to the bowl.
- 12Add beans to the bowl and toss to combine the salad.
- 13To serve, divide salad between plates or bowls and top with croutons. Enjoy!