- 1 tbspcapers
- 1 cupcashews, roasted unsalted
- 2 clovesgarlic
- ½ small bunchItalian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 1 bunchkale
- 2 (15 oz) canskidney beans
- ¼ cupnutritional yeast flakes
- 1 headromaine lettuce
- 2whole grain buns or rolls
-  black pepper
-  Dijon mustard
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  garlic powder
-  soy sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Wash and dry the fresh produce.
2 lemons ½ small bunch Italian (flat-leaf) parsley 1 bunch kale 1 head romaine lettuce
- 3Grate zest from the lemons into a large salad bowl. Add oil and spices, then whisk to combine.
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil ½ tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 4Shave parsley leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves. Transfer to the bowl.
- 5Cut or tear the buns into bite-sized pieces and place in the bowl; toss to coat. Transfer croutons to a large baking sheet pan. Reserve bowl for later use.
2 whole grain buns or rolls
- 6Place croutons in the oven and cook, tossing halfway through, until golden and crisp, 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- 7Meanwhile, juice lemons into a blender.
- 8Peel garlic; add to blender along with cashews, water, nutritional yeast, capers, soy sauce, Dijon, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth; adding water, 1 tbsp at a time, if needed, to make a thick dressing; transfer to the salad bowl.
2 cloves garlic 1 cup cashews, roasted unsalted ½ cup water ¼ cup nutritional yeast flakes 1 tbsp capers 2 tsp soy sauce 1 tsp Dijon mustard ½ tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 9Drain and rinse the beans in a colander; set aside to drain further.
2 (15 oz) cans kidney beans
- 10Fold kale leaves in half lengthwise and slice off the stems. Chop or tear leaves into bite-sized pieces and transfer to the bowl with the dressing. Using your hands, massage kale with the dressing until slightly softened.
- 11Chop or tear romaine leaves into bite-sized pieces and transfer to the bowl.
- 12Add beans to the bowl and toss to combine the salad.
- 13To serve, divide salad between plates or bowls and top with croutons. Enjoy!