- 4 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- 3 clovesgarlic
- ¾ lbground turkey
- ½ small bunchItalian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 1 bunchkale
-  almond meal/flour
-  black pepper
-  butter, unsalted
-  crushed red pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Peel and mince garlic; set aside in a small bowl.
3 cloves garlic
- 3Peel and small dice the shallot and add to a large bowl.
- 4Add ⅓ of the minced garlic, ground turkey, egg, almond flour, salt, and pepper to the bowl with the shallot and mix with your hands until well combined.
¾ lb ground turkey 1 egg ¼ cup almond meal/flour ¼ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 5Coat a baking dish with a thin layer of olive oil. Using a tablespoon measure, form the turkey mixture into rounded meatballs and place in the dish. Place in the oven and bake until cooked through, about 18 minutes.
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6Meanwhile, wash and dry parsley. Shave leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves. Transfer to a small bowl.
½ small bunch Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 7Wash and dry lemon, then zest into the bowl with the parsley; add oil and ⅓ of the garlic and stir to combine the dressing. Save the lemon to juice later.
½ lemon 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8Wash and dry kale. Fold leaves in half lengthwise and slice off the stems. Chop or tear leaves into bite-sized pieces.
1 bunch kale
- 9Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter and swirl to coat the bottom. Add the remaining ⅓ of the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
1 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 10Juice the lemon into the skillet; add kale and spices. Cook, stirring frequently, for 1-2 minutes.
⅛ tsp crushed red pepper ¼ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 11Add broth, cover with a lid, and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Top kale with meatballs, then remove from heat.
4 fl oz (½ cup) chicken or vegetable broth
- 12To serve, divide kale and meatballs between dishes and top with parsley dressing. Enjoy!