- 1 mediumcarrot
- ¾ lbchicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 8 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- ½ small bunchcilantro
- ½ (13.5 fl oz) cancoconut milk
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 1 (1 inch) pieceginger root
- ½orange bell pepper
- 1 capportobello mushroom
-  crushed red pepper
-  fish sauce
-  rice vinegar
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce.
1 (1 inch) piece ginger root 1 medium carrot ½ orange bell pepper 1 cap portobello mushroom 1 lime ½ small bunch cilantro
- 2Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces, set aside.
¾ lb chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 3Heat coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat.
1 ½ tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 4Peel and mince the garlic. Peel and mince or grate the ginger. Add both to the pot.
2 cloves garlic
- 5Add to the pot turmeric and crushed red pepper, stirring until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
1 tsp turmeric 1 pinch crushed red pepper
- 6Add chicken pieces to pot, stirring occasionally.
- 7Peel and thinly slice carrot on the bias. Cut the bell pepper lengthwise into quarters; remove and discard the seeds and white membrane then slice thinly. Add veggies to the pot.
- 8Remove the stems from the mushroom and carefully scrape out the gills with a spoon, making sure not to damage the rim of the mushrooms. Cut cap in half, thinly slice and add to the pot.
- 9Cook chicken and vegetables, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- 10Add broth, coconut milk, fish sauce, honey, and vinegar and stir to combine.
8 fl oz (1 cup) chicken or vegetable broth ½ (13.5 fl oz) can coconut milk 1 tbsp fish sauce 1 tbsp honey 1 ½ tsp rice vinegar
- 11Bring soup to boil and then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 8-10 minutes, allowing the chicken to cook fully and flavors to blend.
- 12Shave the cilantro leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves.
- 13Juice the lime and add to the pot right before serving, stir to combine.
- 14To serve, divide soup between bowls and garnish with cilantro. Enjoy!