- 2 mediumcarrots
- 1 ½ lbchicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 16 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- 1 small bunchcilantro
- 1 (13.5 fl oz) cancoconut milk
- 4 clovesgarlic
- 2 (1 inch) piecesginger root
- 1orange bell pepper
- 2 capsportobello mushrooms
-  crushed red pepper
-  fish sauce
-  rice vinegar
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce.
2 (1 inch) pieces ginger root 2 medium carrots 1 orange bell pepper 2 caps portobello mushrooms 2 limes 1 small bunch cilantro
- 2Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces, set aside.
1 ½ lb chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 3Heat coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat.
3 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 4Peel and mince the garlic. Peel and mince or grate the ginger. Add both to the pot.
4 cloves garlic
- 5Add to the pot turmeric and crushed red pepper, stirring until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
2 tsp turmeric ⅛ tsp crushed red pepper
- 6Add chicken pieces to pot, stirring occasionally.
- 7Peel and thinly slice carrots on the bias. Cut the bell pepper lengthwise into quarters; remove and discard the seeds and white membrane then slice thinly. Add veggies to the pot.
- 8Remove the stems from the mushrooms and carefully scrape out the gills with a spoon, making sure not to damage the rim of the mushrooms. Cut cap in half, thinly slice and add to the pot.
- 9Cook chicken and vegetables, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- 10Add broth, coconut milk, fish sauce, honey, and vinegar and stir to combine.
16 fl oz (2 cups) chicken or vegetable broth 1 (13.5 fl oz) can coconut milk 2 tbsp fish sauce 2 tbsp honey 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 11Bring soup to boil and then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 8-10 minutes, allowing the chicken to cook fully and flavors to blend.
- 12Shave the cilantro leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves.
- 13Juice the lime and add to the pot right before serving, stir to combine.
- 14To serve, divide soup between bowls and garnish with cilantro. Enjoy!