- ¾ lbchicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 24 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- ½ small bunchcilantro
- ½ (13.5 fl oz) cancoconut milk
- 1 clovegarlic
- 1 (1 inch) pieceginger root
- ½ small bunchgreen onions (scallions)
- ½ lbwhite mushrooms
- ½ mediumyellow onion
-  brown sugar
-  chili-garlic sauce
-  fish sauce
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce.
1 (1 inch) piece ginger root ½ lb white mushrooms ½ small bunch green onions (scallions) ½ small bunch cilantro ½ lime
- 2Peel and thinly slice onion into half rings.
½ medium yellow onion
- 3Heat a large pot over medium heat.
- 4Peel and mince ginger and garlic.
1 clove garlic
- 5Once the pot is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 6Add onion, ginger, garlic, and chili-garlic sauce to the pot. Cook, stirring frequently, until onion begins to soften, 2-3 minutes.
1 tbsp chili-garlic sauce
- 7Add broth, coconut milk, sugar, fish sauce, and salt to the pot. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to a simmer.
24 fl oz (3 cups) chicken or vegetable broth ½ (13.5 fl oz) can coconut milk 1 ½ tsp brown sugar 1 tsp fish sauce ½ tsp salt
- 8Thinly slice mushrooms.
- 9Slice chicken crosswise into thin strips.
¾ lb chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 10Add mushrooms and chicken to the pot and continue to simmer until chicken is cooked through, 10-12 minutes.
- 11Meanwhile, using a fresh cutting board, trim green onions; cut crosswise into ¼-inch pieces.
- 12Shave cilantro leaves off the stems; discard stems.
- 13When the soup is done, juice lime into the pot and stir to combine.
- 14To serve, divide soup between bowls. Top with green onions and cilantro. Enjoy!