- 1 ½ lbchicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 48 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- 1 small bunchcilantro
- 1 (13.5 fl oz) cancoconut milk
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 2 (1 inch) piecesginger root
- 1 small bunchgreen onions (scallions)
- 1 lbwhite mushrooms
- 1 mediumyellow onion
-  brown sugar
-  chili-garlic sauce
-  fish sauce
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce.
2 (1 inch) pieces ginger root 1 lb white mushrooms 1 small bunch green onions (scallions) 1 small bunch cilantro 1 lime
- 2Peel and thinly slice onion into half rings.
1 medium yellow onion
- 3Heat a large pot over medium heat.
- 4Peel and mince ginger and garlic.
2 cloves garlic
- 5Once the pot is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
2 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 6Add onion, ginger, garlic, and chili-garlic sauce to the pot. Cook, stirring frequently, until onion begins to soften, 3-4 minutes.
2 tbsp chili-garlic sauce
- 7Add broth, coconut milk, sugar, fish sauce, and salt to the pot. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to a simmer.
48 fl oz (6 cups) chicken or vegetable broth 1 (13.5 fl oz) can coconut milk 1 tbsp brown sugar 2 tsp fish sauce 1 tsp salt
- 8Thinly slice mushrooms.
- 9Slice chicken crosswise into thin strips.
1 ½ lb chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 10Add mushrooms and chicken to the pot and continue to simmer until chicken is cooked through, 10-12 minutes.
- 11Meanwhile, using a fresh cutting board, trim green onions; cut crosswise into ¼-inch pieces.
- 12Shave cilantro leaves off the stems; discard stems.
- 13When the soup is done, juice lime into the pot and stir to combine.
- 14To serve, divide soup between bowls. Top with green onions and cilantro. Enjoy!