- 1 (8 oz) blockcheddar cheese
- 1 small bunchcilantro
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 2jalapeño peppers
- 1 ½ lblean ground beef
- 4yellow bell peppers
-  chili powder
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce.
4 yellow bell peppers 2 jalapeño peppers 1 small bunch cilantro 1 tomato 1 lime
- 2Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Peel and mince garlic.
2 cloves garlic
- 4Once the skillet is hot, add ground beef and spices. Cook, breaking the meat apart with a spoon, until the beef is browned and no longer pink, 4-5 minutes. Stir in the garlic, then remove skillet from the heat.
1 ½ lb lean ground beef 4 tsp cumin 4 tsp chili powder 1 tsp salt
- 5Cut the bell peppers lengthwise into quarters; remove and discard the seeds and white membrane. Slice each quarter crosswise into 3 or 4 pieces to make the "chips."
- 6Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place bell pepper pieces, skin-side down, in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- 7Preheat oven to broil on high; position rack under the broiler.
- 8Grate the cheese.
1 (8 oz) block cheddar cheese
- 9Thinly slice jalapeños into rounds. (Be careful, with jalapeños, do not touch your eyes and ensure you wash your hands after handling or wear gloves while preparing).
- 10Top the bell pepper with an even layer of ground beef, cheese, and jalapeños.
- 11Place the baking sheet in the oven; cook until cheese is melted and bubbly, 3-5 minutes.
- 12Meanwhile, shave the cilantro leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves.
- 13Small dice the tomato. Cut the lime into wedges.
- 14To serve, divide the nachos between plates. Garnish with cilantro, tomatoes, and lime wedges. Enjoy!