- ½ (8 oz) blockcheddar cheese
- ½ small bunchcilantro
- 1 clovegarlic
- 1jalapeño pepper
- ¾ lblean ground beef
- 2yellow bell peppers
-  chili powder
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce.
2 yellow bell peppers 1 jalapeño pepper ½ small bunch cilantro ½ tomato ½ lime
- 2Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Peel and mince garlic.
1 clove garlic
- 4Once the skillet is hot, add ground beef and spices. Cook, breaking the meat apart with a spoon, until the beef is browned and no longer pink, 3-4 minutes. Stir in the garlic, then remove skillet from the heat.
¾ lb lean ground beef 2 tsp cumin 2 tsp chili powder ½ tsp salt
- 5Cut the bell peppers lengthwise into quarters; remove and discard the seeds and white membrane. Slice each quarter crosswise into 3 or 4 pieces to make the "chips."
- 6Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place bell pepper pieces, skin-side down, in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- 7Preheat oven to broil on high; position rack under the broiler.
- 8Grate the cheese.
½ (8 oz) block cheddar cheese
- 9Thinly slice the jalapeño into rounds. (Be careful, with jalapeños, do not touch your eyes and ensure you wash your hands after handling or wear gloves while preparing).
- 10Top the bell pepper slices with an even layer of ground beef, cheese, and jalapeños.
- 11Place the baking sheet in the oven; cook until cheese is melted and bubbly, 3-5 minutes.
- 12Meanwhile, shave the cilantro leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves.
- 13Small dice the tomato. Cut the lime into wedges.
- 14To serve, divide the nachos between plates. Garnish with cilantro, tomatoes, and lime wedges. Enjoy!