- 2 crownsbroccoli
- 1.13 kgchicken drumsticks
- 4 clovesgarlic
- 2 (2 ½ cm) piecesginger root
- ⅔ cupwalnuts
-  brown sugar
-  cayenne pepper
-  chili-garlic sauce
-  soy sauce
-  toasted sesame oil
- 1Preheat oven to 230°C (450°F), position a rack in the center position and another in the bottom position. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil (optional).
- 2Peel and mince the garlic. Peel and mince or grate the ginger; transfer to a large bowl.
2 (2 ½ cm) pieces ginger root 4 cloves garlic
- 3Add soya sauce, sesame oil, honey, and chili-garlic sauce to the bowl and whisk together. Add the chicken drumsticks and toss to coat, then spread out in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet pan. Set any remaining marinade aside.
4 tbsp soy sauce 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil 4 tsp honey 4 tsp chili-garlic sauce 1 ⅛ kg chicken drumsticks
- 4Place the pan in the oven on the bottom rack and roast until the chicken is cooked through (20-25 minutes).
- 5Meanwhile, wash the broccoli and cut into small, bite-sized florets. Thinly slice the thicker stem portions. Transfer both to a medium bowl. Toss with soya sauce and sesame oil. Spread out in a single layer on a baking sheet pan and place in the oven.
2 crowns broccoli 2 tsp toasted sesame oil 2 tsp soy sauce
- 6Remove the chicken from the oven. Use tongs to flip each drumstick. Spoon on remaining marinade, and return to the oven.
- 7Roughly chop walnuts.
⅔ cup walnuts
- 8In a small bowl, stir together sugar, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper. In a separate bowl, toss walnuts in water and then into the spice mixture. Add to the baking sheet with the broccoli. Return the pan to the oven for an additional 5-8 minutes or until broccoli is tender-crisp, and walnuts are toasted.
2 tsp brown sugar ¼ tsp cinnamon ½ tsp salt ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper 1 tbsp water
- 9To serve, place chicken, broccoli, and walnuts on a plate. Enjoy!