- 2 crownsbroccoli
- 2 ½ lbchicken drumsticks
- 4 clovesgarlic
- 2 (1 inch) piecesginger root
- ⅔ cupwalnuts
-  brown sugar
-  cayenne pepper
-  chili-garlic sauce
-  soy sauce
-  toasted sesame oil
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F, position a rack in the center position and another in the bottom position. Line two sheet pans with aluminum foil (optional).
- 2Peel and mince the garlic. Peel and mince or grate the ginger; transfer to a large bowl.
2 (1 inch) pieces ginger root 4 cloves garlic
- 3Add soya sauce, sesame oil, honey, and chili-garlic sauce to the bowl and whisk together. Add the chicken drumsticks and toss to coat.
¼ cup soy sauce 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil 4 tsp honey 4 tsp chili-garlic sauce 2 ½ lb chicken drumsticks
- 4Spread chicken out in a single layer on a prepared sheet pan. Place on the bottom rack of the oven and roast until the chicken is cooked through (20-25 minutes).
- 5Wash broccoli and cut into small, bite-sized florets. Thinly slice the thicker stem portions. Transfer to a medium bowl.
2 crowns broccoli
- 6Toss broccoli with soya sauce and sesame oil. Spread out in a single layer on a sheet pan and place in the oven for 5-8 minutes while you prepare the nuts.
2 tsp toasted sesame oil 2 tsp soy sauce
- 7Remove the chicken from the oven. Use tongs to flip each drumstick. Spoon on remaining marinade, and return to the oven.
- 8Roughly chop walnuts. In a small bowl, toss walnuts with water to moisten.
⅔ cup walnuts 1 tbsp water
- 9In a small bowl, stir together sugar, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper. Toss moistened walnuts in the spice mixture.
2 tsp brown sugar ¼ tsp cinnamon ½ tsp salt ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- 10Remove the broccoli pan from the oven and sprinkle the walnuts on top. Return the pan to the oven for an additional 5-8 minutes or until broccoli is tender-crisp, and walnuts are toasted.
- 11To serve, place chicken, broccoli, and walnuts on a plate. Enjoy!