- 1 mediumcarrot
- ½English cucumber
- ½ small pkgfresh thyme
- 1 clovegarlic
- ½jalapeño pepper
- ¾ lbraw peeled shrimp, fresh or frozen
- ½red bell pepper
- 4 sliceswhole grain bread
-  apple cider vinegar
-  black pepper
-  butter, unsalted
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Wash and dry thyme. Add thyme sprigs, water, vinegar, salt, and coriander to a medium saucepan; cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
½ small pkg fresh thyme 4 cup water ½ cup apple cider vinegar 1 tbsp salt 1 tsp coriander
- 2If using frozen shrimp, place them in a colander and run under cold water to thaw them slightly and remove any ice crystals. (If using fresh shrimp, skip this step.)
¾ lb raw peeled shrimp, fresh or frozen
- 3Once the liquid comes to a boil, uncover, add shrimp, and stir for a few seconds. Remove from heat, and let the shrimp pickle in the cooking liquid while you prepare the rest of the salad, about 15 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, wash and dry the fresh produce.
1 lemon ½ jalapeño pepper ½ red bell pepper ½ English cucumber 1 medium carrot 1 avocado
- 5Grate the zest from the lemon and transfer to a medium bowl, then juice the lemon into the same bowl.
- 6Peel and mince the garlic; transfer to the bowl.
1 clove garlic
- 7Add additional vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper to the bowl and whisk to combine the dressing.
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil ¼ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 8Thinly slice the jalapeño into rounds (be careful, with jalapeños, do not touch your eyes and ensure you wash your hands after handling or wear gloves while preparing).
- 9Peel and thinly slice the shallot into rings. Add shallots and jalapeños to the bowl with the dressing.
- 10Seed and slice bell pepper into thin strips. Peel and medium dice the cucumber. Peel and thinly slice the carrot into rounds. Add vegetables to the bowl with the dressing.
- 11Halve and pit the avocado; scoop out the flesh and medium dice. Add to the bowl.
- 12Drain the shrimp and discard the liquid. Remove tails, then add shrimp to the bowl with the vegetables and stir to combine the salad; set aside.
- 13Toast and butter the bread, then slice on the diagonal to make toast points.
4 slices whole grain bread 1 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 14To serve, divide shrimp salad between bowls. Enjoy with a side of buttered toast points for dipping.