- 2 mediumcarrots
- 1English cucumber
- 1 small pkgfresh thyme
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 1jalapeño pepper
- 1 ½ lbraw peeled shrimp, fresh or frozen
- 1red bell pepper
- 8 sliceswhole grain bread
-  apple cider vinegar
-  black pepper
-  butter, unsalted
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Wash and dry thyme. Add thyme sprigs, water, vinegar, salt, and coriander to a large pot; cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
1 small pkg fresh thyme 8 cup water 1 cup apple cider vinegar 2 tbsp salt 2 tsp coriander
- 2If using frozen shrimp, place them in a colander and run under cold water to thaw them slightly and remove any ice crystals. (If using fresh shrimp, skip this step.)
1 ½ lb raw peeled shrimp, fresh or frozen
- 3Once the liquid comes to a boil, uncover, add shrimp, and stir for a few seconds. Remove from heat, and let the shrimp pickle in the cooking liquid while you prepare the rest of the salad, about 20 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, wash and dry the fresh produce.
2 lemons 1 jalapeño pepper 1 red bell pepper 1 English cucumber 2 medium carrots 2 avocados
- 5Grate the zest from the lemons and transfer to a large bowl, then juice the lemons into the same bowl.
- 6Peel and mince the garlic; transfer to the bowl.
2 cloves garlic
- 7Add additional vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper to the bowl and whisk to combine the dressing.
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil ½ tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 8Thinly slice the jalapeño into rounds (be careful, with jalapeños, do not touch your eyes and ensure you wash your hands after handling or wear gloves while preparing).
- 9Peel and thinly slice the shallot into rings. Add shallots and jalapeños to the bowl with the dressing.
- 10Seed and slice bell pepper into thin strips. Peel and medium dice the cucumber. Peel and thinly slice carrots into rounds. Add vegetables to the bowl with the dressing.
- 11Halve and pit avocados; scoop out the flesh and medium dice. Add to the bowl.
- 12Drain the shrimp and discard the liquid. Remove tails, then add shrimp to the bowl with the vegetables and stir to combine the salad; set aside.
- 13Toast and butter the bread, then slice on the diagonal to make toast points.
8 slices whole grain bread 2 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 14To serve, divide shrimp salad between bowls. Enjoy with a side of buttered toast points for dipping.