- 1420 mlchicken or vegetable broth
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 1 small bunchItalian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 1 (227 g) blockmozzarella cheese
- 4 sliceswhole grain bread
- 6 mediumyellow onions
-  all-purpose flour
-  apple cider vinegar
-  black pepper
-  brown sugar
-  butter, unsalted
-  soy sauce
-  Worcestershire sauce
- 1Preheat a large pot over medium-high heat. Melt butter until foamy.
4 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 2Peel and thinly slice onion into half rings and add to pot.
6 medium yellow onions
- 3Sprinkle onions with salt to help them release their moisture. Add brown sugar and stir to break up the onion sections. Cook, stiring occasionally until onions are deeply golden, about 15-18 minutes.
2 tsp salt 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 4Trim off and discard the root ends of the garlic; peel and mince or press the garlic. About half way through the cooking time, add crushed garlic and stir to combine.
2 cloves garlic
- 5While onions are cooking, slice bread and grate cheese, set aside.
4 slices whole grain bread 1 (227 g) block mozzarella cheese
- 6When onions are done, add flour and stir, cook 1 minute. Season with pepper and thyme.
2 tbsp all-purpose flour 1 tsp black pepper ½ tsp thyme
- 7Add vinegar and water, let simmer and evaporate, about 2 minutes.
4 tbsp apple cider vinegar 4 tbsp water
- 8Preheat oven to broil and position rack under the broiler.
- 9Add broth, soy sauce and Worchestershire and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer 2 minutes.
1420 ml chicken or vegetable broth 6 tbsp soy sauce 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 10Place bread slices on large baking sheet and divide the cheese between. Place under the boiler until cheese is bubbling and golden brown, about 1 minute. Watch it carefully as it can burn easily.
- 11Wash and dry parsley. Shave leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves.
1 small bunch Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 12To serve, pour soup into a bowl and top with cheesy bread and a sprinkle of fresh parsley. Enjoy!