- 1 (15 oz) canblack beans
- 48 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- 1 small bunchcilantro
- 1 (13.5 fl oz) cancoconut milk
- 2 (14.5 oz) cansdiced tomatoes
- 4 clovesgarlic
- 2 (1 inch) piecesginger root
- 2jalapeño peppers
- 1 bunchkale
- 2 (15 oz) canspure pumpkin purée
- 1 lbsweet potato
- 2 mediumyellow onions
-  chili powder
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce.
2 (1 inch) pieces ginger root 2 jalapeño peppers 1 lb sweet potato 1 bunch kale 1 small bunch cilantro 2 limes
- 2Peel and mince ginger and garlic. Peel and small dice onions.
4 cloves garlic 2 medium yellow onions
- 3Quarter the jalapeño peppers lengthwise; seed and remove ribs of the jalapeños with a spoon. Finely dice. (Be careful, with jalapeños, do not touch your eyes and ensure you wash your hands after handling or wear gloves while preparing).
- 4Heat a large pot over medium heat.
- 5Once the pot is hot, add the oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6Add ginger, garlic, onion, and jalapeño to the pot; cook, stirring occasionally, 4-5 minutes.
- 7Meanwhile, peel and dice sweet potatoes into ½-inch pieces.
- 8Drain and rinse beans.
1 (15 oz) can black beans
- 9Add sweet potato, beans, broth, tomatoes with their juices, pumpkin, coconut milk, and spices to the pot. Stir to combine.
48 fl oz (6 cups) chicken or vegetable broth 2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes 2 (15 oz) cans pure pumpkin purée 1 (13.5 fl oz) can coconut milk 2 tsp salt 2 tsp chili powder 1 tsp cumin
- 10Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until vegetables are tender, 15-20 min minutes.
- 11Meanwhile, shave cilantro leaves off the stems; discard stems and mince the leaves. Set aside.
- 12Fold kale leaves in half lengthwise and slice off stems. Chop or tear leaves into bite-sized pieces and add to pot during the last 5 minutes of cook time.
- 13Juice limes into the pot and stir to combine.
- 14Divide the soup between bowls and top with cilantro. Enjoy!