- ½ (15 oz) canblack beans
- 24 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- ½ small bunchcilantro
- ½ (13.5 fl oz) cancoconut milk
- 1 (14.5 oz) candiced tomatoes
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 1 (1 inch) pieceginger root
- 1jalapeño pepper
- ½ bunchkale
- 1 (15 oz) canpure pumpkin purée
- ½ lbsweet potato
- 1 mediumyellow onion
-  chili powder
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce.
1 (1 inch) piece ginger root 1 jalapeño pepper ½ lb sweet potato ½ bunch kale ½ small bunch cilantro 1 lime
- 2Peel and mince ginger and garlic. Peel and small dice onion.
2 cloves garlic 1 medium yellow onion
- 3Quarter jalapeño pepper lengthwise; seed and remove ribs of the jalapeño with a spoon. Finely dice. (Be careful, with jalapeños, do not touch your eyes and ensure you wash your hands after handling or wear gloves while preparing).
- 4Heat a large pot over medium heat.
- 5Once the pot is hot, add the oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6Add ginger, garlic, onion, and jalapeño to the pot; cook, stirring occasionally, 3-4 minutes.
- 7Meanwhile, peel and dice sweet potato into ½-inch pieces.
- 8Drain and rinse beans.
½ (15 oz) can black beans
- 9Add sweet potato, beans, broth, tomatoes with their juices, pumpkin, coconut milk, and spices to the pot. Stir to combine.
24 fl oz (3 cups) chicken or vegetable broth 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes 1 (15 oz) can pure pumpkin purée ½ (13.5 fl oz) can coconut milk 1 tsp salt 1 tsp chili powder ½ tsp cumin
- 10Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until vegetables are tender, 15-20 minutes.
- 11Meanwhile, shave cilantro leaves off the stems; discard stems and mince the leaves. Set aside.
- 12Fold kale leaves in half lengthwise and slice off stems. Chop or tear leaves into bite-sized pieces and add to pot during the last 5 minutes of cook time.
- 13Juice lime into the pot and stir to combine.
- 14Divide the soup between bowls and top with cilantro. Enjoy!