- 8 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- 1 lbcremini mushrooms
- ¼ small pkgfresh rosemary
- ¼ small pkgfresh thyme
- 1 clovegarlic
- ½ small bunchItalian (flat-leaf) parsley
- ¾ lbraw peeled shrimp, fresh or frozen
- 1 cupwhole wheat couscous
-  black pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1If using frozen shrimp, place them in a colander and run under cold water to thaw them slightly and remove any ice crystals. (If using fresh shrimp, skip this step.) Place the shrimp on a clean towel or paper towels and pat dry. Season shrimp with a sprinkle of black pepper.
¾ lb raw peeled shrimp, fresh or frozen ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 2In a small saucepan, bring the broth to a boil.
8 fl oz (1 cup) chicken or vegetable broth
- 3Wash and dry the fresh produce.
1 lb cremini mushrooms ½ small bunch Italian (flat-leaf) parsley ¼ small pkg fresh thyme ¼ small pkg fresh rosemary
- 4Add the couscous to the saucepan, stir, remove from heat, and cover. Let sit for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 5Shave the leaves off the parsley; discard the stems and mince the leaves. Set aside (saving a small amount for garnish). Repeat for the thyme and rosemary.
- 6Peel and mince (or press) the garlic. Peel and mince the shallot.
1 clove garlic 1 shallot
- 7Slice the mushrooms.
- 8Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. When the skillet is hot, add olive oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 9Add the mushrooms, garlic, shallot, rosemary, thyme, and shrimp to the skillet. Cook until the mushrooms have softened and the shrimp are transclucent, about 5 minutes.
- 10Add cooked couscous to the skillet and stir to combine.
- 11Remove the skillet from heat; stir in the parsley and salt.
½ tsp salt
- 12To serve, place the couscous in a bowl and garnish with fresh herbs. Enjoy!