- 24 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- 1 lbcremini mushrooms
- 1 small pkgfresh thyme
- 1 small bunchItalian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 1 ½ lbraw peeled shrimp, fresh or frozen
- 2red bell peppers
- 2 cupswhole wheat couscous
-  black pepper
-  crushed red pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1If using frozen shrimp, place them in a colander and run under cold water to thaw them slightly and remove any ice crystals. (If using fresh shrimp, skip this step.) Place the shrimp on a clean towel or paper towels and pat dry.
1 ½ lb raw peeled shrimp, fresh or frozen
- 2In a medium bowl combine olive oil, crushed red pepper, black pepper, paprika, and salt. Add shrimp and toss until well coated; set aside.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 tsp crushed red pepper ½ tsp black pepper 1 tsp paprika ½ tsp salt
- 3In a small saucepan, bring the broth to a boil.
24 fl oz (3 cups) chicken or vegetable broth
- 4Wash and dry the fresh produce.
2 red bell peppers 1 lb cremini mushrooms 1 small bunch Italian (flat-leaf) parsley 1 small pkg fresh thyme
- 5Add the couscous to the saucepan, stir, remove from heat, and cover. Let sit for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
2 cups whole wheat couscous
- 6Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 7Peel and mince the shallots. Small dice the bell peppers.
- 8Once the skillet is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 9Add the shallots and bell peppers to the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 2-3 minutes.
- 10Slice the mushrooms.
- 11Add the mushrooms and shrimp to the skillet. Cook until the shrimp are translucent, 4-5 minutes.
- 12Shave the leaves off the parsley; discard the stems and mince the leaves. Set aside (saving a small amount for garnish). Repeat for the thyme.
- 13Remove skillet from heat; stir in the cooked couscous, parsley, and thyme.
- 14To serve, divide between bowls and garnish with fresh herbs. Enjoy!