- ½ medium headcauliflower
- 4 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- ½ small pkgchives
- ¼ lbcremini mushrooms
- 1 clovegarlic
- 2 fl ozheavy cream
- ½ ozParmesan cheese
- ¾ lbstriploin (New York strip) steak
-  black pepper
-  butter, unsalted
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce.
¼ lb cremini mushrooms ½ medium head cauliflower ½ small pkg chives
- 2Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3While the skillet heats up, pat the steak dry with paper towels and place on a plate; season with salt and pepper on both sides.
¾ lb striploin (New York strip) steak ¼ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 4Once the skillet is hot, add butter and swirl to coat the bottom. Add steak and cook until desired doneness, 2-5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and loosely cover with foil.
2 tsp butter, unsalted
- 5Meanwhile, peel and mince shallot.
- 6Preheat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 7Once the pan is hot, add butter and swirl to coat the bottom. Add shallot; cook, stirring often, until softened, 2-3 minutes.
1 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 8Slice mushrooms. Add to the pan with the shallot; cook, stirring often, until soft and browned around the edges, 3-4 minutes.
- 9Cut cauliflower head into quarters, then trim off and discard leaves and thick stem. Using a box grater or food processor, coarsely grate cauliflower.
- 10Peel and mince garlic.
1 clove garlic
- 11Add cauliflower, garlic, broth, salt, and pepper to the pan. Continue to cook, stirring often, until cauliflower has softened, 5-6 minutes.
4 fl oz (½ cup) chicken or vegetable broth ¼ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 12Meanwhile, finely grate Parmesan. Add Parmesan and cream to the pan with the cauliflower. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring often, until slightly thickened, 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat.
½ oz Parmesan cheese 2 fl oz (¼ cup) heavy cream
- 13Mince chives. Thinly slice steak against the grain.
- 14To serve, divide cauliflower risotto and steak between bowls or plates and garnish with chives. Enjoy!