- 1 medium headcauliflower
- 6 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- 1 small pkgchives
- ½ lbcremini mushrooms
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 4 fl ozheavy whipping cream
- 1 ozParmesan cheese
- ½ mediumred onion
- 1 ½ lbstriploin (New York strip) steak
-  black pepper
-  butter, unsalted
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce.
½ lb cremini mushrooms 1 medium head cauliflower 1 small pkg chives
- 2Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3While the skillet heats up, pat the steak dry with paper towels and place on a plate; season with salt and pepper on both sides.
1 ½ lb striploin (New York strip) steak ½ tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 4Once the skillet is hot, add butter and swirl to coat the bottom. Add steak and cook until desired doneness, 2-5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and loosely cover with foil.
4 tsp butter, unsalted
- 5Meanwhile, peel and mince onion.
½ medium red onion
- 6Preheat a large pot over medium-high heat.
- 7Once the pot is hot, add butter and swirl to coat the bottom. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until softened, 2-3 minutes.
2 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 8Slice mushrooms. Add to the pot with the onion; cook, stirring often, until soft and browned around the edges, 3-4 minutes.
- 9Cut cauliflower head into quarters, then trim off and discard leaves and thick stem. Using a box grater or food processor, coarsely grate cauliflower.
- 10Peel and mince garlic.
2 cloves garlic
- 11Add cauliflower, garlic, broth, salt, and pepper to the pot. Continue to cook, stirring often, until cauliflower has softened, 5-6 minutes.
6 fl oz (¾ cup) chicken or vegetable broth ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 12Meanwhile, finely grate Parmesan. Add Parmesan and cream to the pot with the cauliflower. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring often, until slightly thickened, 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat.
1 oz Parmesan cheese 4 fl oz (½ cup) heavy cream
- 13Mince chives. Thinly slice steak against the grain.
- 14To serve, divide cauliflower risotto and steak between bowls or plates and garnish with chives. Enjoy!