- ¼ (8 oz) blockcheddar cheese
- 1 small bunchcilantro
- 4 clovesgarlic
- ½ lblean ground beef
- 1red bell pepper
- ½ lbsweet potato
- ½ (8 oz) cantomato sauce
- 1yellow bell pepper
-  black pepper
-  chili powder
-  crushed red pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2Wash and dry the fresh produce.
1 red bell pepper 1 yellow bell pepper ½ lb sweet potato 1 small bunch cilantro ½ lime
- 3Halve lengthwise, and seed the bell peppers. Brush the pepper halves inside and out with olive oil.
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4Shave the cilantro leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- 5Peel and mince garlic.
4 cloves garlic
- 6In a large bowl, combine ground beef, half the garlic, tomato sauce, half the cilantro, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper.
½ lb lean ground beef ½ (8 oz) can tomato sauce 2 tsp chili powder 1 tsp cumin ¼ tsp salt 1 pinch black pepper
- 7Fill the peppers with the meat mixture. Place the peppers face up on a sheet pan and place in the oven until the meat is fully cooked (test using a thermometer, it should read 160°F), about 20 minutes.
- 8Juice the lime into a medium bowl (large enough to fit the sweet potatoes). Combine with olive oil, the remaining garlic, cumin, paprika, crushed red pepper flakes, and salt.
1 ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 tsp cumin 1 tsp paprika ½ tsp crushed red pepper ½ tsp salt
- 9Halve the sweet potatoes lengthwise and cut crosswise into ¼-inch-thick pieces.
- 10Add the sweet potato slices to the bowl and toss until well coated. Arrange the sweet potatoes in a single layer on a sheet pan. Place in the oven and roast until they are tender when pierced with a fork, about 25 minutes.
- 11Coarsely grate the cheddar.
¼ (8 oz) block cheddar cheese
- 12During the last 5 minutes of cooking, sprinkle the cheese over the peppers.
- 13To serve, divide the bell peppers and the sweet potatoes between the plates. Garnish with remaining cilantro and enjoy!