- ½ (8 oz) blockcheddar cheese
- 2 small bunchescilantro
- 8 clovesgarlic
- 1 lblean ground beef
- 2red bell peppers
- 1 lbsweet potato
- 1 (8 oz) cantomato sauce
- 2yellow bell peppers
-  black pepper
-  chili powder
-  crushed red pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2Wash and dry the fresh produce.
2 red bell peppers 2 yellow bell peppers 1 lb sweet potato 2 small bunches cilantro 1 lime
- 3Halve lengthwise, and seed the bell peppers. Brush the pepper halves inside and out with olive oil.
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4Shave the cilantro leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- 5Peel and mince garlic.
8 cloves garlic
- 6In a large bowl, combine ground beef, half the garlic, tomato sauce, half the cilantro, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper.
1 lb lean ground beef 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce 4 tsp chili powder 2 tsp cumin ½ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 7Fill the peppers with the meat mixture. Place the peppers face up on a sheet pan and place in the oven until the meat is fully cooked (test using a thermometer, it should read 160°F), about 20 minutes.
- 8Juice the lime into a medium bowl (large enough to fit the sweet potatoes). Combine with olive oil, the remaining garlic, cumin, paprika, crushed red pepper flakes, and salt.
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 2 tsp cumin 2 tsp paprika 1 tsp crushed red pepper 1 tsp salt
- 9Halve the sweet potatoes lengthwise and cut crosswise into ¼-inch-thick pieces.
- 10Add the sweet potato slices to the bowl and toss until well coated. Arrange the sweet potatoes in a single layer on a sheet pan. Place in the oven and roast until they are tender when pierced with a fork, about 25 minutes.
- 11Coarsely grate the cheddar.
½ (8 oz) block cheddar cheese
- 12During the last 5 minutes of cooking, sprinkle the cheese over the peppers.
- 13To serve, divide the bell peppers and the sweet potatoes between the plates. Garnish with remaining cilantro and enjoy!