- ¼ (113 g) pkgcrumbled blue cheese
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 1Granny Smith apple
- ⅛ cupplain Greek yogurt
- ½ headromaine lettuce
- 0.34 kgstriploin (New York strip) steak
- ¼ cupwalnuts
-  black pepper
-  butter, unsalted
-  Dijon mustard
-  soy sauce
-  virgin coconut oil
-  white wine vinegar
-  Worcestershire sauce
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce.
1 Granny Smith apple ½ head romaine lettuce 1 lemon
- 2Peel and mince the garlic; add half to a medium mixing bowl, the other half to a small bowl.
2 cloves garlic
- 3Juice the lemon and add to minced garlic in the medium bowl; whisk with soy sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire, Dijon, and pepper to make the marinade.
1 tbsp soy sauce 1 tbsp white wine vinegar 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce ½ tsp Dijon mustard ½ tsp black pepper
- 4Place the steak in the marinade and turn to coat both sides; let it sit for 20 minutes.
⅓ kg striploin (New York strip) steak
- 5In the small bowl with the other half of minced garlic, whisk together yogurt, cheese, water, vinegar, salt and pepper to make the dressing.
⅛ cup plain Greek yogurt ¼ (113 g) pkg crumbled blue cheese 2 tsp water 1 tsp white wine vinegar 1 pinch salt 1 pinch black pepper
- 6Preheat a skillet over medium high heat.
- 7Chop or tear romaine and add to a salad bowl.
- 8Once the skillet is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom. Carefully place the steak in the skillet; allow each side of steak to get a nice sear, or a golden brown color, about 1-2 minutes for each side. Afterwards, flip steak every minute to allow for an even cook, about 5 minutes for medium rare.
2 tsp virgin coconut oil
- 9When you have about 1 minute left to cook, add butter to pan and spoon on top of steak. Flip steak over and spoon onto opposite side. Take steak out and let rest on a plate or cutting board for about 5 minutes.
1 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 10Use a julienne peeler (or regular peeler) to peel thin strips of apple, stopping and rotating the apple when you reach the core. Add to the romain lettuce and toss with dressing.
- 11Roughly chop walnuts.
¼ cup walnuts
- 12Once the steak has rested, divide it and salad between plates. Top salad with walnuts and enjoy!