- ½ small pkgfresh basil
- 1 clovegarlic
- ½ (15 oz) pkgricotta cheese
- ¼ cupwalnuts
- 3 mediumzucchini squash
-  black pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce.
1 lemon 3 medium zucchini squash ½ small pkg fresh basil
- 2Trim the zucchini ends. Using a spiralizer, juilenne peeler (or regular peeler) peel into noodle-like sticks; transfer to colander and sprinkle with salt. Set the colander in a bowl to catch the excess moisture.
½ tsp salt
- 3Grate all the zest from the lemon, then juice the lemon; transfer both to a medium bowl.
- 4Peel and mince or press the garlic; transfer to the bowl, whisking together with oil, lemon juice, and pepper.
1 clove garlic 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil ¼ tsp black pepper
- 5Place a skillet over medium heat. Coarsely chop walnuts. Toast walnuts until fragrant (2-4 minutes) stirring regularly.
¼ cup walnuts
- 6Pick the basil leaves off the stems and slice into ribbons.
- 7Shake the zucchini noodles in the colander over the sink to remove excess water; transfer the noodles to the centre of a clean towel and wring over the sink to remove as much moisture as possable (you should squeeze out at least ½ a cup).
- 8Add zucchini to the bowl with the dressing and toss until coated with dressing.
- 9To serve, arrange zucchini noodles on a plate and top with walnuts and teaspoon sized scoops of ricotta cheese. Sprinkle with basil ribbons and enjoy!
½ (15 oz) pkg ricotta cheese