- 1 (5 oz) pkgbaby arugula
- ⅔ cupbrown lentils
- ½ medium headcauliflower
- 2 stickscelery
- 16 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- ½ small bunchcilantro
- ½English cucumber
- 1 clovegarlic
- ½ small bunchgreen onions (scallions)
- ¼ cuppine nuts
-  black pepper
-  curry powder
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Using a strainer, rinse lentils under cold water; drain and transfer to a small saucepan. Add broth, cumin, and salt, then bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook until tender, 15-20 minutes.
⅔ cup brown lentils 16 fl oz (2 cups) chicken or vegetable broth ½ tsp cumin ½ tsp salt
- 2Meanwhile, wash and dry the fresh produce. (Skip the arugula if it came pre-washed.)
1 lemon ½ medium head cauliflower ½ small bunch green onions (scallions) 2 sticks celery ½ English cucumber ½ small bunch cilantro 1 (5 oz) pkg baby arugula
- 3Peel and mince garlic; place in a medium bowl.
1 clove garlic
- 4Zest and juice lemon into the bowl with the garlic. Add oil and spices; whisk to combine the dressing.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil ¼ tsp curry powder ¼ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 5Remove leaves and thick stems from the cauliflower, then cut into bite-sized pieces. Add to the bowl with the dressing.
- 6Trim green onions and celery; cut both crosswise into ¼-inch pieces. Add to the bowl.
- 7Trim and small dice cucumber. Add to the bowl.
- 8Shave cilantro leaves off the stems; discard stems and mince the leaves. Add to the bowl.
- 9When the lentils are done, drain in a colander, rinse with cold water, and add to the bowl with the dressing and veggies. Toss to combine the salad.
- 10To serve, divide arugula and lentil salad between plates. Top with pine nuts and enjoy!
¼ cup pine nuts