- 2 small bunchesasparagus
- 2 mediumcarrots
- 1 (4 oz) pkgcrumbled feta cheese
- 1English cucumber
- 2 (15 oz) cansgarbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 1 small bunchItalian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 2whole grain pitas
-  cayenne pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  pure maple syrup
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F and position racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven.
- 2Wash and dry the fresh produce.
2 small bunches asparagus 2 lemons 2 medium carrots 1 English cucumber 1 small bunch Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 3Snap or cut off woody ends of the asparagus, then cut in half crosswise. Transfer to a baking sheet pan.
- 4Place the pitas on a flat surface. Holding a knife parallel to the cutting board, cut each pita in half horizontally to separate the two sides; cut or tear the bread into 2-inch pieces and place on a separate baking sheet pan.
2 whole grain pitas
- 5Grate zest from the lemons and transfer to a small bowl. Add oil and spices to the bowl and whisk to combine the herb oil.
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil ½ tsp salt ½ tsp thyme ½ tsp basil ½ tsp oregano
- 6Spoon the herb oil over the asparagus and pita. Toss the asparagus and pita with your hands, then spread out in an even layer.
- 7Place the asparagus on the upper rack of the oven and the pita on the rack below. Bake, tossing halfway through, until the asparagus is cooked through and pita chips are crisp, 6-8 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- 8Meanwhile, drain and rinse the beans. Measure out a ½ cup of beans and set aside in a small bowl.
2 (15 oz) cans garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 9Peel the garlic. Add garlic and remaining beans to a blender.
2 cloves garlic
- 10Juice 1 lemon into the blender. Add water, oil, tahini, and spices, then blend on high for several minutes until smooth. Add more water, one tbsp at a time, if needed, to reach desired consistency. Set aside.
⅓ cup water ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil 2 tbsp tahini ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp cumin ¼ tsp paprika
- 11Juice remaining lemon into a medium bowl. Add maple syrup and spices to the bowl and whisk to combine.
1 tsp pure maple syrup ¼ tsp salt ¼ tsp cumin ⅛ tsp cinnamon ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- 12Peel and trim carrot; using a box grater, coarsely grate the carrot and place in the bowl with the lemon dressing. Toss to combine the salad.
- 13Trim cucumber and slice crosswise into ¼-inch-thick pieces at an angle.
- 14Shave parsley leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves.
- 15To serve, divide hummus between bowls or plates; garnish with reserved beans and drizzle with oil. Arrange the asparagus, pita chips, carrot salad, sliced cucumber, and feta around the hummus. Sprinkle parsley over top and enjoy!
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil 1 (4 oz) pkg crumbled feta cheese