- 1 small bunchasparagus
- 1 mediumcarrot
- ½ (4 oz) pkgcrumbled feta cheese
- ½English cucumber
- 1 (15 oz) cangarbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 1 clovegarlic
- ½ small bunchItalian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 1whole grain pita
-  cayenne pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  pure maple syrup
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2Wash and dry the fresh produce.
1 small bunch asparagus 1 lemon 1 medium carrot ½ English cucumber ½ small bunch Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 3Snap or cut off woody ends of the asparagus, then cut in half crosswise. Transfer to one half of a baking sheet pan.
- 4Place the pita on a flat surface. Holding a knife parallel to the cutting board, cut the pita in half horizontally to separate the two sides; cut or tear the bread into 2-inch pieces and place on the other half of the baking sheet pan.
1 whole grain pita
- 5Grate zest from the lemon and transfer to a small bowl. Add oil and spices to the bowl and whisk to combine the herb oil.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil ¼ tsp salt ¼ tsp thyme ¼ tsp basil ¼ tsp oregano
- 6Spoon the herb oil over the asparagus and pita. Toss the asparagus and pita with your hands, then spread out in an even layer. Place in the oven and bake, tossing halfway through, until the asparagus is cooked through and pita chips are crisp, 6-8 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- 7Meanwhile, drain and rinse the beans. Measure out a ¼ cup of beans and set aside in a small bowl.
1 (15 oz) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 8Peel the garlic. Add garlic and remaining beans to a blender.
1 clove garlic
- 9Juice half of the lemon into the blender. Add water, oil, tahini, and spices, then blend on high for several minutes until smooth. Add more water, one tbsp at a time, if needed, to reach desired consistency. Set aside.
3 tbsp water 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 tbsp tahini ¼ tsp salt ⅛ tsp cumin ⅛ tsp paprika
- 10Juice remaining lemon into a medium bowl. Add maple syrup and spices to the bowl and whisk to combine.
½ tsp pure maple syrup ⅛ tsp salt ⅛ tsp cumin 1 pinch cinnamon 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 11Peel and trim carrot; using a box grater, coarsely grate the carrot and place in the bowl with the lemon dressing. Toss to combine the salad.
- 12Trim cucumber and slice crosswise into ¼-inch-thick pieces at an angle.
- 13Shave parsley leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves.
- 14To serve, divide hummus between bowls or plates; garnish with reserved beans and drizzle with oil. Arrange the asparagus, pita chips, carrot salad, sliced cucumber, and feta around the hummus. Sprinkle parsley over top and enjoy!
½ tsp extra virgin olive oil ½ (4 oz) pkg crumbled feta cheese