- 3baby bok choy
- 24 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- 2 clovesgarlic
- ½ small bunchgreen onions (scallions)
- ½ bunchradish
- 1red chili pepper
- ¾ lbstriploin (New York strip) steak
-  chili-garlic sauce
-  soy sauce
-  toasted sesame oil
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce.
1 red chili pepper 3 baby bok choy ½ small bunch green onions (scallions) ½ bunch radish
- 2Halve chili pepper lengthwise; seed and remove ribs with a spoon. Mince and place in a medium bowl. (Be careful, with chilies, do not touch your eyes and ensure you wash your hands after handling or wear gloves while preparing.)
- 3Peel and mince garlic; add to the bowl along with oil, soy sauce, chili-garlic sauce, and salt. Whisk to combine the pepper paste.
2 cloves garlic 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil 1 tbsp soy sauce 1 tsp chili-garlic sauce ¼ tsp salt
- 4Thinly slice steak into strips and place in another medium bowl. Add half of the pepper paste and toss to coat. Set aside to marinate.
¾ lb striploin (New York strip) steak
- 5Using a clean cutting board, trim off and discard root ends of the bok choy; separate into leaves and add to the bowl with the remaining pepper paste.
- 6Trim and cut green onions into 1-inch pieces; add to the bowl with the bok choy.
- 7Preheat a large pot over medium-high heat.
- 8Meanwhile, trim and quarter the radishes; add to the bowl with the other veggies and toss to coat.
- 9Once the pot is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 10Add steak to the pot and cook, stirring frequently, until starting to brown, about 2 minutes.
- 11Add broth and veggies to the pot, stirring to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook until steak is cooked through and veggies are tender, 3 minutes more.
24 fl oz (3 cups) chicken or vegetable broth
- 12Meanwhile, whisk egg and salt in a small bowl.
1 egg 1 pinch salt
- 13When the soup is done, slowly pour the egg into the pot, while gently stirring, to separate into strands. Remove from heat.
- 14To serve, divide soup between bowls and enjoy!