- 1 headbutter (Boston) lettuce
- ⅓ cupcashews, roasted unsalted
- 4 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- ½English cucumber
- ½ small pkgfresh basil
- ½ pintgrape tomatoes
- ⅛ cupnutritional yeast flakes
- 5 ozpenne pasta
- 1 (8 oz) cantomato sauce
-  all-purpose flour
-  black pepper
-  brown sugar
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  garlic powder
-  Italian seasoning
-  onion powder
-  red wine vinegar
- 1Fill a medium saucepan halfway with water, cover, and bring to a boil. Uncover, add salt and pasta, and stir for a few seconds. Cook until desired firmness, 8-10 minutes.
1 tsp salt 5 oz penne pasta
- 2Wash and dry the fresh produce.
½ pint grape tomatoes ½ English cucumber ½ small pkg fresh basil 1 head butter (Boston) lettuce
- 3Place cashews in a small bowl. Using a measuring cup, carefully remove 1 cup of boiling water from the pot and pour over the cashews; let sit for 15 minutes.
⅓ cup cashews, roasted unsalted
- 4Meanwhile, place oil, vinegar, sugar, and spices in a medium bowl; whisk to combine the dressing.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 tbsp red wine vinegar 1 tsp brown sugar ¼ tsp salt ⅛ tsp garlic powder ⅛ tsp Italian seasoning ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 5Halve tomatoes and transfer to the bowl with the dressing.
- 6Trim and halve cucumber, then thinly slice crosswise. Add to the bowl and set aside.
- 7Drain cashews and place in a blender.
- 8Add tomato sauce, broth, nutritional yeast, flour, and spices to the blender and purée until smooth.
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce 4 fl oz (½ cup) chicken or vegetable broth ⅛ cup nutritional yeast flakes 2 tsp all-purpose flour ½ tsp salt ½ tsp Italian seasoning ¼ tsp onion powder ¼ tsp garlic powder ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 9Drain pasta, return to the saucepan, and set over medium heat. Add the sauce from the blender and stir to combine; cook, stirring occasionally, until warmed through, 3-4 minutes.
- 10Meanwhile, pick basil leaves off the stems, roll up crosswise, and thinly slice into ribbons.
- 11Chop or tear lettuce into bite-sized pieces and transfer to the bowl with the dressing; toss to combine the salad.
- 12Divide pasta between plates and top with basil. Serve with salad on the side and enjoy!