- 2 headsbutter (Boston) lettuce
- ⅔ cupcashews, roasted unsalted
- 8 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- 1English cucumber
- 1 small pkgfresh basil
- 1 pintgrape tomatoes
- ¼ cupnutritional yeast flakes
- 10 ozpenne pasta
- 2 (8 oz) canstomato sauce
-  all-purpose flour
-  black pepper
-  brown sugar
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  garlic powder
-  Italian seasoning
-  onion powder
-  red wine vinegar
- 1Fill a large pot halfway with water, cover, and bring to a boil. Uncover, add salt and pasta, and stir for a few seconds. Cook until desired firmness, 8-10 minutes.
2 tsp salt 10 oz penne pasta
- 2Wash and dry the fresh produce.
1 pint grape tomatoes 1 English cucumber 1 small pkg fresh basil 2 heads butter (Boston) lettuce
- 3Place cashews in a small bowl. Using a measuring cup, carefully remove 2 cups of boiling water from the pot and pour over the cashews; let sit for 15 minutes.
⅔ cup cashews, roasted unsalted
- 4Meanwhile, place oil, vinegar, sugar, and spices in a large bowl; whisk to combine the dressing.
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil 2 tbsp red wine vinegar 2 tsp brown sugar ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp garlic powder ¼ tsp Italian seasoning ¼ tsp black pepper
- 5Halve tomatoes and transfer to the bowl with the dressing.
- 6Trim and halve cucumber, then thinly slice crosswise. Add to the bowl and set aside.
- 7Drain cashews and place in a blender.
- 8Add tomato sauce, broth, nutritional yeast, flour, and spices to the blender and purée until smooth.
2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce 8 fl oz (1 cup) chicken or vegetable broth ¼ cup nutritional yeast flakes 4 tsp all-purpose flour 1 tsp salt 1 tsp Italian seasoning ½ tsp onion powder ½ tsp garlic powder ¼ tsp black pepper
- 9Drain pasta, return to the pot, and set over medium heat. Add the sauce from the blender and stir to combine; cook, stirring occasionally, until warmed through, 4-5 minutes.
- 10Meanwhile, pick basil leaves off the stems, roll up crosswise, and thinly slice into ribbons.
- 11Chop or tear lettuce into bite-sized pieces and transfer to the bowl with the dressing; toss to combine the salad.
- 12Divide pasta between plates and top with basil. Serve with salad on the side and enjoy!