- 4 slicesbacon
- 12 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- 1 clovegarlic
- 2 fl ozheavy cream
- ½ (5 oz) pkgspring mix (mixed greens)
- ½ lbwhite mushrooms
- ½ mediumyellow onion
-  black pepper
-  butter, unsalted
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Wash and slice the mushrooms.
½ lb white mushrooms
- 2Peel and small dice the onion. Peel and mince the garlic.
½ medium yellow onion 1 clove garlic
- 3Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, onion, and garlic. Season with thyme, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 5-6 minutes.
1 tbsp butter, unsalted ¼ tsp thyme ½ tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 4Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- 5Chop the bacon into smaller pieces. Add to the skillet and cook until crispy, 3-4 minutes.
4 slices bacon
- 6Sprinkle cornstarch over the mushrooms and stir to coat.
1 tbsp cornstarch
- 7Pour in the broth and cream. Stir well and bring the soup to a simmer. Cook until thickened, 1-2 minutes.
12 fl oz (1 ½ cups) chicken or vegetable broth 2 fl oz (¼ cup) heavy cream
- 8Wash and dry the greens.
½ (5 oz) pkg spring mix (mixed greens)
- 9Wash, core, and thinly slice the pear.
- 10Purée the soup with an immersion (hand) blender or regular blender if desired. Otherwise, leave as is.
- 11Arrange a bed of greens on a plate, top with pear slices, and drizzle with olive oil. Pour soup into a bowl and sprinkle with bacon. Enjoy!
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil