- 8 slicesbacon
- 24 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 4 fl ozheavy cream
- 1 (5 oz) pkgspring mix (mixed greens)
- 1 lbwhite mushrooms
- 1 mediumyellow onion
-  black pepper
-  butter, unsalted
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Wash and slice the mushrooms.
1 lb white mushrooms
- 2Peel and small dice the onion. Peel and mince the garlic.
1 medium yellow onion 2 cloves garlic
- 3Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, onion, and garlic. Season with thyme, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 5-6 minutes.
2 tbsp butter, unsalted ½ tsp thyme 1 tsp salt 1 tsp black pepper
- 4Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- 5Chop the bacon into smaller pieces. Add to the skillet and cook until crispy, 3-4 minutes.
8 slices bacon
- 6Sprinkle cornstarch over the mushrooms and stir to coat.
2 tbsp cornstarch
- 7Pour in the broth and cream. Stir well and bring the soup to a simmer. Cook until thickened, 1-2 minutes.
24 fl oz (3 cups) chicken or vegetable broth 4 fl oz (½ cup) heavy cream
- 8Wash and dry the greens.
1 (5 oz) pkg spring mix (mixed greens)
- 9Wash, core, and thinly slice the pears.
- 10Purée the soup with an immersion (hand) blender or regular blender if desired. Otherwise, leave as is.
- 11Arrange a bed of greens on a plate, top with pear slices, and drizzle with olive oil. Pour soup into a bowl and sprinkle with bacon. Enjoy!
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil