- 473 mlchicken or vegetable broth
- 2 (398 ml) canscoconut milk
- 2 (398 ml) cansgarbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 2 (2 ½ cm) piecesginger root
- 1 bunchkale
- 2whole grain pitas
- 1 mediumyellow onion
-  black pepper
-  curry powder
- 1This recipe will make about 8 cups. Work in batches to best fit your blender.
- 2Drain and rinse the beans in a colander; place in a blender.
2 (398 ml) cans garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 3Wash and dry kale. Fold leaves in half lengthwise and slice off the stems. Chop or tear leaves into pieces and add to the blender.
1 bunch kale
- 4Wash and peel ginger; add to the blender.
2 (2 ½ cm) pieces ginger root
- 5Peel garlic. Peel and roughly chop onion; add both to the blender.
2 cloves garlic 1 medium yellow onion
- 6Place broth, coconut milk, and spices in blender and process until smooth, 1-2 minutes.
473 ml chicken or vegetable broth 2 (398 ml) cans coconut milk 2 tsp curry powder 2 tsp cumin 1 ½ tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 7Pour soup into a large pot, cover and heat over medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, until warmed through, about 10 minutes.
- 8Toast pita if desired. Cut into wedges.
2 whole grain pitas
- 9To serve, divide soup between bowls with pita on the side. Enjoy!