- 2 mediumcarrots
- 24 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- 1 (13.5 fl oz) cancoconut milk
- 2 (15 oz) cansgarbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 2 (1 inch) piecesginger root
- 1 bunchkale
- 2whole grain pitas
- 1 mediumyellow onion
-  black pepper
-  curry powder
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Peel and mince garlic. Peel and small dice onion.
2 cloves garlic 1 medium yellow onion
- 2Preheat a large pot over medium heat.
- 3Wash, peel, and small dice carrots.
2 medium carrots
- 4Once the pot is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom. Add onion, garlic, and carrot; cook, stirring occasionally, 4-5 minutes.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5Meanwhile, drain and rinse the beans in a colander; set aside to drain further.
2 (15 oz) cans garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 6Wash, peel, and mince ginger. Add to the pot along with the spices. Cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
2 (1 inch) pieces ginger root 2 tsp curry powder 2 tsp cumin 1 ½ tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 7Add broth and coconut milk; stir to combine. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
24 fl oz (3 cups) chicken or vegetable broth 1 (13.5 fl oz) can coconut milk
- 8Wash and dry kale. Fold leaves in half lengthwise and slice off the stems. Chop or tear leaves into pieces.
1 bunch kale
- 9Add kale and chickpeas to the soup and cook 5 minutes more.
- 10Toast pita if desired. Cut into wedges.
2 whole grain pitas
- 11Meanwhile, using an immersion (hand) blender, purée the soup until smooth.
- 12To serve, divide soup between bowls with pita on the side. Enjoy!