- 8 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- 1 (13.5 fl oz) cancoconut milk
- 1 (15 oz) cangarbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 1 clovegarlic
- 1 (1 inch) pieceginger root
- ½ bunchkale
- 1whole grain pita
- ½ mediumyellow onion
-  black pepper
-  curry powder
- 1Drain and rinse the beans in a colander; place in a blender.
1 (15 oz) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 2Wash and dry kale. Fold leaves in half lengthwise and slice off the stems. Chop or tear leaves into pieces and add to the blender.
½ bunch kale
- 3Wash and peel ginger; add to the blender.
1 (1 inch) piece ginger root
- 4Peel garlic. Peel and roughly chop onion; add both to the blender.
1 clove garlic ½ medium yellow onion
- 5Place broth, coconut milk, and spices in blender and process until smooth, 1-2 minutes.
8 fl oz (1 cup) chicken or vegetable broth 1 (13.5 fl oz) can coconut milk 1 tsp curry powder 1 tsp cumin ¾ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 6Pour soup into a medium saucepan, cover and heat over medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, until warmed through, about 10 minutes.
- 7Toast pita if desired. Cut into wedges.
1 whole grain pita
- 8To serve, divide soup between bowls with pita on the side. Enjoy!