- ½ cupbasmati rice
- 2 mediumcarrots
- 1 stickcelery
- ¾ lbchicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 20 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- ½ lbcremini mushrooms
- ½ small pkgfresh thyme
- 1 clovegarlic
- 8 fl ozwhole milk
- ½ mediumyellow onion
-  all-purpose flour
-  black pepper
-  butter, unsalted
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce.
½ lb cremini mushrooms 2 medium carrots 1 stick celery ½ small pkg fresh thyme
- 2Peel and mince garlic. Peel and small dice onion. Transfer both to a large bowl.
1 clove garlic ½ medium yellow onion
- 3Slice mushrooms and add to the bowl.
- 4Peel and slice carrots into thin rounds. Trim and small dice celery. Add both to the bowl.
- 5Preheat a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- 6Once the pan is hot, add butter and swirl to coat the bottom.
2 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 7Add veggies to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 6-7 minutes.
- 8Meanwhile, medium dice chicken and season with salt and pepper.
¾ lb chicken breasts, boneless skinless ¼ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 9Slide thyme leaves off the stems; discard stems.
- 10Add chicken and thyme to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, 3-4 minutes.
- 11Add flour to the pan and stir to coat the vegetables and chicken. Cook, stirring frequently, about 1 minute.
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 12Add broth, milk, rice, and salt to the pan. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until rice is soft and chicken is cooked through, 10-15 minutes.
20 fl oz (2 ½ cups) chicken or vegetable broth 8 fl oz (1 cup) whole milk ½ cup basmati rice ½ tsp salt
- 13To serve, divide soup between bowls and enjoy!