- 1 cupbasmati rice
- 4 mediumcarrots
- 2 stickscelery
- 1 ½ lbchicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 40 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- 1 lbcremini mushrooms
- 1 small pkgfresh thyme
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 16 fl ozwhole milk
- 1 mediumyellow onion
-  all-purpose flour
-  black pepper
-  butter, unsalted
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce.
1 lb cremini mushrooms 4 medium carrots 2 sticks celery 1 small pkg fresh thyme
- 2Peel and mince garlic. Peel and small dice onion. Transfer both to a large bowl.
2 cloves garlic 1 medium yellow onion
- 3Slice mushrooms and add to the bowl.
- 4Peel and slice carrots into thin rounds. Trim and small dice celery. Add both to the bowl.
- 5Preheat a large pot over medium heat.
- 6Once the pot is hot, add butter and swirl to coat the bottom.
¼ cup butter, unsalted
- 7Add veggies to the pot and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 6-7 minutes.
- 8Meanwhile, medium dice chicken and season with salt and pepper.
1 ½ lb chicken breasts, boneless skinless ¼ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 9Slide thyme leaves off the stems; discard stems.
- 10Add chicken and thyme to the pot and cook, stirring occasionally, 3-4 minutes.
- 11Add flour to the pot and stir to coat the vegetables and chicken. Cook, stirring frequently, about 1 minute.
¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 12Add broth, milk, rice, and salt to the pot. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until rice is soft and chicken is cooked through, 15-20 minutes.
40 fl oz (5 cups) chicken or vegetable broth 16 fl oz (2 cups) whole milk 1 cup basmati rice 1 ½ tsp salt
- 13To serve, divide soup between bowls and enjoy!