- ½ cupbasmati rice
- ¼ cupcashews, roasted unsalted
- 1 lbchicken thighs, boneless skinless
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 1 (1 inch) pieceginger root
- 2green bell peppers
- ½ small bunchgreen onions (scallions)
-  brown sugar
-  rice vinegar
-  soy sauce
-  toasted sesame oil
- 1Using a strainer or colander, rinse the rice under cold, running water, then drain and transfer to a small saucepan. Add water and bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
½ cup basmati rice 1 cup water
- 2Once the liquid comes to a boil, stir the mixture, cover the saucepan, and reduce the heat to low. Cook the rice until the liquid is fully absorbed, 15-18 minutes. Once done, remove the rice from the heat and let it stand, still covered, for 5 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, wash and dry the fresh produce.
1 (1 inch) piece ginger root 2 green bell peppers ½ small bunch green onions (scallions)
- 4Peel and mince ginger. Peel and mince garlic.
2 cloves garlic
- 5Place soy sauce, oil, cornstarch, vinegar, and sugar in a small bowl; whisk to combine the sauce.
¼ cup soy sauce 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil 2 tsp cornstarch 1 ½ tsp rice vinegar 1 ½ tsp brown sugar
- 6Seed and medium dice bell peppers.
- 7Cut chicken thighs into ½-inch pieces.
1 lb chicken thighs, boneless skinless
- 8Heat a large skillet over high heat.
- 9Once the skillet is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 10Add chicken and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add ginger, garlic, and bell peppers; continue to cook, stirring often, until veggies begin to soften, 2-3 more minutes.
- 11Pour sauce into the skillet. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook, stirring often, until the sauce thickens, 4-5 minutes.
- 12Meanwhile, trim green onions on a clean cutting board and cut crosswise into ¼-inch pieces.
- 13Add cashews to the skillet and stir to combine.
¼ cup cashews, roasted unsalted
- 14To serve, divide rice between bowls; top with chicken stir-fry and green onions. Enjoy!