- 1 cupbasmati rice
- ½ cupcashews, roasted unsalted
- 2 lbchicken thighs, boneless skinless
- 4 clovesgarlic
- 2 (1 inch) piecesginger root
- 4green bell peppers
- 1 small bunchgreen onions (scallions)
-  brown sugar
-  rice vinegar
-  soy sauce
-  toasted sesame oil
- 1Using a strainer or colander, rinse the rice under cold, running water, then drain and transfer to a medium saucepan. Add water and bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
1 cup basmati rice 2 cup water
- 2Once the liquid comes to a boil, stir the mixture, cover the saucepan, and reduce the heat to low. Cook the rice until the liquid is fully absorbed, 15-18 minutes. Once done, remove the rice from the heat and let it stand, still covered, for 5 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, wash and dry the fresh produce.
2 (1 inch) pieces ginger root 4 green bell peppers 1 small bunch green onions (scallions)
- 4Peel and mince ginger. Peel and mince garlic.
4 cloves garlic
- 5Place soy sauce, oil, cornstarch, vinegar, and sugar in a small bowl; whisk to combine the sauce.
½ cup soy sauce 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil 4 tsp cornstarch 1 tbsp rice vinegar 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 6Seed and medium dice bell peppers.
- 7Cut chicken thighs into ½-inch pieces.
2 lb chicken thighs, boneless skinless
- 8Heat a large skillet over high heat.
- 9Once the skillet is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 10Add chicken and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Add ginger, garlic, and bell peppers; continue to cook, stirring often, until veggies begin to soften, 3-4 more minutes.
- 11Pour sauce into the skillet. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook, stirring often, until the sauce thickens, 5-6 minutes.
- 12Meanwhile, trim green onions on a clean cutting board and cut crosswise into ¼-inch pieces.
- 13Add cashews to the skillet and stir to combine.
½ cup cashews, roasted unsalted
- 14To serve, divide rice between bowls; top with chicken stir-fry and green onions. Enjoy!