- 2 (15 oz) canscannellini (white kidney) beans
- 3 clovesgarlic
- ½ bunchkale
- ¼ (8 oz) blockmozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsptomato paste
- 2 sliceswhole grain bread
-  black pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  Italian seasoning
-  onion powder
- 1Preheat oven to broil on high and position rack in the upper third of the oven.
- 2Drain and rinse beans in a colander; set aside to drain further.
2 (15 oz) cans cannellini (white kidney) beans
- 3Wash and dry kale. Fold leaves in half lengthwise, slice off stems, and finely chop leaves.
½ bunch kale
- 4Peel and thinly slice garlic.
3 cloves garlic
- 5Preheat an ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- 6Grate cheese and set aside.
¼ (8 oz) block mozzarella cheese
- 7Once the skillet is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom. Add kale, garlic, and tomato paste; cook, stirring constantly, until kale softens, 2-3 minutes.
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 8Add beans, hot water (from the tap), and spices to the skillet; stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then sprinkle with cheese and place in the oven; broil until cheese has melted and is browned in spots, 3-4 minutes. Remove from the oven.
½ cup water ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper ¼ tsp Italian seasoning ¼ tsp onion powder
- 9Meanwhile, cut bread slices on the diagonal and place on a baking sheet pan in a single layer; drizzle with oil on both sides.
2 slices whole grain bread 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 10Place bread in the oven and broil, flipping halfway through, until nicely toasted, 2-3 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- 11Divide white bean mixture between plates or bowls. Serve with toast for dipping. Enjoy!