- 4 (15 oz) canscannellini (white kidney) beans
- 6 clovesgarlic
- 1 bunchkale
- ½ (8 oz) blockmozzarella cheese
- 4 tbsptomato paste
- 4 sliceswhole grain bread
-  black pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  Italian seasoning
-  onion powder
- 1Preheat oven to broil on high and position rack in the upper third of the oven.
- 2Drain and rinse beans in a colander; set aside to drain further.
4 (15 oz) cans cannellini (white kidney) beans
- 3Wash and dry kale. Fold leaves in half lengthwise, slice off stems, and finely chop leaves.
1 bunch kale
- 4Peel and thinly slice garlic.
6 cloves garlic
- 5Preheat a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- 6Grate cheese and set aside.
½ (8 oz) block mozzarella cheese
- 7Once the skillet is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom. Add garlic and tomato paste; stir to combine.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 8Add kale to the skillet in handfuls, waiting for the kale to wilt slightly before adding the next handful; cook, stirring often, until kale softens, 4-5 minutes.
- 9Add beans, hot water (from the tap), and spices to the skillet; stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then sprinkle with cheese and place in the oven; broil until cheese has melted and is browned in spots, about 4 minutes. Remove from the oven.
1 cup water 1 tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper ½ tsp Italian seasoning ½ tsp onion powder
- 10Meanwhile, cut bread slices on the diagonal and place on a baking sheet pan in a single layer; drizzle with oil on both sides.
4 slices whole grain bread 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 11Place bread in the oven and broil, flipping halfway through, until nicely toasted, 2-3 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- 12Divide white bean mixture between plates or bowls. Serve with toast for dipping. Enjoy!