- 1 small pkgfresh basil
- ½ cupfrozen corn
- 1 clovegarlic
- ⅓ (8 oz) blockmozzarella cheese
- 1 ozParmesan cheese
- 6 ozpenne pasta
- 1 (8 oz) cantomato sauce
- ½ mediumyellow onion
- 1 mediumzucchini squash
-  black pepper
-  crushed red pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Fill a large pot halfway with water, cover, and bring to a boil. Uncover, add salt and pasta, and stir for a few seconds. Cook until desired firmness, 8-10 minutes. Once the pasta is finished, drain and return to pot and set aside.
½ tsp salt 6 oz penne pasta
- 2Preheat a large skillet over medium heat.
- 3Peel and small dice onion. Peel and mince garlic.
½ medium yellow onion 1 clove garlic
- 4Once the skillet is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5Add onion and garlic to the skillet, stirring frequently, cook until slightly softened, 3-4 minutes.
- 6Wash and dry the fresh produce.
1 medium zucchini squash 1 small pkg fresh basil
- 7Add the frozen corn to the skillet, stirring frequently, cook until slightly softened, 3-4 minutes.
½ cup frozen corn
- 8Trim zucchini; halve lengthwise and cut crosswise into thin half moons.
- 9Add the zucchini and spices to the skillet. Increase heat to medium-high and sauté, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are soft and golden, 6-8 minutes.
¼ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper ½ tsp oregano ⅛ tsp crushed red pepper
- 10Pick basil leaves off the stems, roll up crosswise, and thinly slice into ribbons; set aside.
- 11Reduce the heat to low and stir the tomato sauce into the skillet, simmer for 3-4 minutes.
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 12Grate the Parmesan and mozzarella.
1 oz Parmesan cheese ⅓ (8 oz) block mozzarella cheese
- 13Add the sauce and veggies to the pot with the cooked pasta, along with the Parmesan, mozzarella, and fresh basil (reserving a small amount for garnish); stir to combine.
- 14To serve, divide between plates and garnish with reserved basil; enjoy!