- 2 small pkgsfresh basil
- 1 cupfrozen corn
- 2 clovesgarlic
- ⅔ (8 oz) blockmozzarella cheese
- 2 ozParmesan cheese
- 12 ozpenne pasta
- 2 (8 oz) canstomato sauce
- 1 mediumyellow onion
- 2 mediumzucchini squash
-  black pepper
-  crushed red pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Fill a large pot halfway with water, cover, and bring to a boil. Uncover, add salt and pasta, and stir for a few seconds. Cook until desired firmness, 8-10 minutes. Once the pasta is finished, drain and return to pot and set aside.
12 oz penne pasta 1 tsp salt
- 2Preheat a large skillet over medium heat.
- 3Peel and small dice onion. Peel and mince garlic.
1 medium yellow onion 2 cloves garlic
- 4Once the skillet is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5Add onion and garlic to the skillet, stirring frequently, cook until slightly softened, 3-4 minutes.
- 6Wash and dry the fresh produce.
2 medium zucchini squash 2 small pkgs fresh basil
- 7Add the frozen corn to the skillet, stirring frequently, cook until slightly softened, 3-4 minutes.
1 cup frozen corn
- 8Trim zucchinis; halve lengthwise and cut crosswise into thin half moons.
- 9Add the zucchinis and spices to the skillet. Increase heat to medium-high and sauté, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are soft and golden, 8-10 minutes.
½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper 1 tsp oregano ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- 10Pick basil leaves off the stems, roll up crosswise, and thinly slice into ribbons; set aside.
- 11Reduce the heat to low and stir the tomato sauce into the skillet, simmer for 3-4 minutes.
2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 12Grate the Parmesan and mozzarella.
2 oz Parmesan cheese ⅔ (8 oz) block mozzarella cheese
- 13Add the sauce and veggies to the pot with the cooked pasta, along with the Parmesan, mozzarella, and fresh basil (reserving a small amount for garnish); stir to combine.
- 14To serve, divide between plates and garnish with reserved basil; enjoy!