- ¼ cupalmonds
- 1 (5 oz) pkgbaby spinach
- 3 mediumcarrots
- 24 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- ¼ cupdried cranberries
- 1 (1 inch) pieceginger root
- ½ small bunchItalian (flat-leaf) parsley
- ½ lbsweet potato
-  apple cider vinegar
-  black pepper
-  butter, unsalted
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  sesame seeds
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce. (Skip the spinach if it came pre-washed.)
3 medium carrots ½ lb sweet potato 1 (1 inch) piece ginger root 1 (5 oz) pkg baby spinach ½ small bunch Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 2Peel and roughly chop the carrots and potato.
- 3Preheat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 4Peel and mince shallot; add to salad bowl.
- 5Once the saucepan is hot, add butter and swirl to coat the bottom.
1 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 6Combine the chopped carrots and potatoes, honey, and salt in the saucepan.
1 tsp honey ½ tsp salt
- 7Peel and mince or grate ginger; add to the saucepan. Reduce to medium heat, cover, and stew for 10 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- 8Add broth, bring to a boil; cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 12 minutes.
24 fl oz (3 cups) chicken or vegetable broth
- 9In the salad bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, honey, sesame seeds, salt, and pepper.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar 1 tsp honey 2 tsp sesame seeds ¼ tsp salt 1 pinch black pepper
- 10Using an immersion (hand) blender, puree the soup until smooth.
- 11Measure out cranberries and almonds.
¼ cup dried cranberries ¼ cup almonds
- 12Shave the leaves off parsley stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves.
- 13Add the spinach to the bowl with the dressing. Add ¾ of the parsley, the cranberries, and almonds; toss to combine
- 14To serve, pour soup into a bowl, garnish with remaining parsley and arrange salad on the side. Enjoy!